Sunday 7 August 2011

....and that's how I died!



It was just a normal day for me. Woke up on the terrace.  Came down.  I never liked working for food. I had regular supply of the same from the person who took care of me. It was raining. I ventured out. I came onto the highway and was taken aback by the vehicle movement. I knew it would take some time to cross the road.

Laziness being my best friend I sat on the footpath.
I kept wondering about the person who cares about me. Cunningness being my second best friend I was never faithful to him. I just needed my food on time. That’s about it. I have no idea as to how I met him but he has been an integral part of my life. I looked past the road, it was a good distance from the place I was sitting. I seriously had no idea as to how I would reach the other side. I didn’t even feel like seeking help from someone by just following them whilst they cross the road.  I could just see people desperately trying to get cover from the showers. It wasn’t even raining heavily. I loved getting drenched in the rain.

I just thought of crossing the road blindly and jumped. I was hit by a three wheeled thing called the rickshaw. It hit my head. I was thrown two feet ahead. I lay on the ground and could clearly see the rickshaw approaching me. Now wasn’t the time to think about my best friend. The rickshaw hit me so hard that I couldn’t move my limbs. The rickshaw brushed across the upper part of my head. I just cried aloud. Lay helplessly with my head stuck on the road. Blood oozing out. I was just writhing in pain. The people passing by were just looking. I totally understand that it a goddamn highway but someone could have just stopped and kept me on the side of the road. Animals are never loved in this country. Moreover me being just a tiny cat, I cannot even welcome sympathy. With the sudden increase in the rain, I could just see huge vehicles approaching and just running over my body. Vehicles running over my stomach, my limbs. I died in the company of my two friends-laziness and the rains.

..and that’s how I died.

No comments:

Post a Comment